This winter squash soup recipe is prepared using an Asian dashi soup base. Acorn squash is reputed to be the most nutrient-rich variety, of this tasty green vegetable. It is low in calories and contains potassium, thiamin and vitamins C and B6.
This soup will warm you with its delicious flavor and heart-friendly ingredients!
a. 1 cup of bean sprouts
b. 32 oz niboshi or dashi soup broth
c. ½ cup smoked ham cubes
d. ½ lb shrimp
e. 1 medium carrot
f. ½ lb squash
g. 1 pack ramen noodles
h. 2 medium sized onions
i. ¼ cup dried sea weed
j. 1 tsp sesame oil
k. 2 tsp soy sauce
l. 2 cloves garlic
m. ½ tsp chili/sesame mix
n. 3 ribs celery
1. Carefully rinse the bean sprouts in cold water.
2. Slice the onions into strips, from the tip to the base.
3. Dice the garlic and the celery.
4. Clean and dice the carrot and the squash.
5. Fry the shrimp in peanut oil, canola oil or olive oil.
6. Pour the dashi broth into a saucepan and place it on the fire on medium heat. Bring it to a boil.
7. Add the bean sprouts, seaweed, squash and carrots.
8. Add the shrimp, ham, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and then the noodles.
9. Add the chili/sesame mix to taste.
10. When the noodles are almost cooked, add the celery and onions.
11. When the soup is ready, serve it warm, with your favorite salad.
The link to “dashi” is an affiliate link and I will earn from any sales generated through it.
You may also like: